When you move to a new city you will need a babysitter for the occasional date night or work function. Finding a trusted babysitter can be challenging, but we have made this list of helpful tips to make the process easier.
- Ask friends or family in the area if they have any recommendations.
- Check in with your child’s teacher and see if they are available or have a friend.
- Ask neighbors if they have a suggestion for a trusted sitter.
- Use websites like Nextdoor, Care.com, and mother-centered Facebook groups to get recommendations.
- Always ask for references.
- Have them visit with you while your child is present to see if they are a good fit for your family.
- Most sitters charge between $15-$20/hour, so ask for their rate and cost for additional children upfront.