Did you know almost 100 people move to Nashville every single day? This city is the heart of music and entertainment and also has a booming economy which are just a few of the reasons that Nashville is still seeing incredible growth! If you’re wondering what’s drawing everyone to Music City or if you’re considering making the move yourself, we’ve compiled a list of top 5 reasons people are moving to Nashville! Get ready to pack your bags, and keep reading!
1. A BOOMING economy with no signs of slowing!
Growth is HIGH and unemployment is LOW!
- #15 Best Places for Business and Careers by Forbes
- Unemployment is lower than the national average! Nashville average: 2.7% U.S. average: 3.5 %
- Center for tourism, health care, education, banking, music, transportation industries and more!
2. For a big city, Nashville is still affordable!
If you’re looking to book a trip or to buy a home, money still goes a long way here, at least more than U.S. metros of similar size!
- Median home price in 2019: $369,000
- Median household income: $66,630
- Ranked #15 Best Places to Live by U.S. News
- Tennessee is one of the few states that DOES NOT have a state income tax!!
3. Calling all foodies: Nashville is the place for you!
Nashville has a top-notch food scene and you’ll likely find something to love!
- #1 BEST CITY for BBQ (Food + Leisure)
- One of the BEST CITIES for food (Rachel Ray)
- #3 BEST Local Food Scene from the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
3. Endless bars, pubs and breweries!
Whether you’re a whisky connoisseur or a fan of a good ol’ dive bar… we’ve got it all!
“The Best Bars in Nashville Right Now” (by Thrillest)
- Bastion: A vintage atmosphere with amazing nachos
- The Green Hour: Hint… Absynth is the secret ingredient in the cocktails!
- The Patterson House: Where a spacious library meets a cozy speakeasy!
- Old Glory: An old converted dry cleaner boiler room TURNED INTO a bar!
- Sinema: A world-class whisky collection in a former movie theater!
4. Diverse, beautiful and eclectic neighborhoods!
Nashville does NOT lack diversity when it comes to its neighborhoods! Each one feels much different than the last, so everyone can find their place to call “home”!
Here are just a few favorite Nashville neighborhoods:
- East Nashville
- 12th South
- The Gulch
- The Nations
- Hillsboro Village
- Sylvan Park
5. There’s always something fun going on!
If you’re strolling the streets of Broadway or driving down Franklin country roads, there’s always something to do!
- Live music… EVERYWHERE!
- Running, hiking and biking trails in close reach
- Over 1 million people visit Nashville parks annually
- Rich with music history: Country Music Hall of Fame, Johnny Cash Museum and more!
Are your bags packed yet? Whether you live in Nashville, or you’re planning a move or a visit, we know you’ll have a good time here! We, the women of the Southbound Group, pride ourselves on being well-ingrained in the culture and community in Nashville. If you or someone you know is looking for real estate advice or a local recommendation for the best tacos, we’re here to help!